The purpose of this assignment is to launch your participation in LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com) which is an online tool to help you develop professional connections.
This assignment involves two parts. Part 1: Create a LinkedIn profile to highlight your goals and target audience. You must make a minimum of 20 connections, 5 of which must be non-education working professionals, and join 2 groups. You must also connect with me, your instructor. Part 2: Write a 250-word summary of your goals, target audience and how LinkedIn contributes to your personal brand. This part will be submitted to the appropriate folder in the Dropbox area by 11:59 pm CT on Friday.
Part 1 LinkedIn Profile –
1. Create a profile on LinkedIn
2. Fill-in as much of the information as possible (professional photo, education, jobs/past jobs/ internships, skills, etc.)
3. Connect with me, your instructor, so I can see your profile.
4. Add a minimum of 20 connections, 5 of which need to be working professionals outside of your classmates/instructors.
5. Join 2 groups. Make sure your settings enable me to see all of your groups.
Part 2 –
Write at least a 250 word commentary summarizing LinkedIn. You must have a minimum of 2 paragraphs for each section below.
1. Your overall individual goals. (Get a job, internship, or get into grad school, create a professional network, etc.)
2. Your target audience. (Be specific, in order to get as many points as possible.)
3. Describe how LinkedIn contributes to your personal brand.