Choose one major economic act enforced against the colonies by the British Crown prior to war, and cover the following:
• Describe the role, reason, and impact of the act on the colonies.
• Identify the arguments for/against the act by persons in the colonies.
• Identify major actions by the colonies in reaction to your selected act.
• How did this act increase or decrease fears of an overbearing central government?
• What was the nature of the colonial government under crown authority?
• Answer and defend your perspective on the following: “Was this particular act an inevitable catalyst for the eventual war?”
Your presentation should meet the following requirements:
• must have a minimum of 12 slides, not including title or reference slides;
• must have a maximum six pictures total-focus needs to be on content;
• must include a title page identifying your chosen act;
• must include at least one selection from a CSU Online Library database, such as the American History and Life database that is used as research of the event and views of the time; and
• must include citations throughout, and a reference page at the end identifying any sources used per 6th edition APA format.
Within this unit, you were placed within the time frame of 1750s to 1780s. Imagine that you were living during this time and you, or a family member if you wish, have enlisted in the Colonial Army. What is the general reaction of your family to this decision? Are you (or the enlisted) a part of any special population, region, minority, or other distinction? How does your population, region, minority, or other distinction impact your experience and morale? Will the family stay at home or follow the camp?
Your journal assignment will need to be a minimum one page in length. All sources used must be cited and referenced. Paraphrased or quoted material must have accompanying citations per 6th edition APA format.