Qualities of Long-Term Objectives
· What distinguishes a good objective from a bad one?
· What qualities of an objective improve its chances of being attained?
· Describe the five qualities of long-term corporate objectives that make them especially useful to strategic managers.
· Explain the generic strategies of low-cost leadership, differentiation, and focus.
· Determine why a business would choose a low-cost, differentiation, or speed-based strategy.
· Explain the nature and value of a market focus strategy.
· Illustrate how a firm can pursue both low-cost and differentiation strategies.