Before writing starting your paper, read “How To Read And Use A Case Study” posted in Course Content -> General Information.
Read the Following Case Study: GSK China Scandal: A Risky Business?(See attached)
All questions are to be attempted. Support your answers using scholarly and reliable non-scholarly sources!
- Did GSK help create this corrupt environment? Is the company to blame for this scandal?
- Are local companies similarly targeted in China, or was GSK targeted because it was a foreign company?
- How did GSK respond to the allegations? Was its response professional from your point of view?
- How is GSK currently performing in China? What is the company’s future outlook in the country from your perspective?
- Is China becoming a less hospitable place for multinationals? Why or why not?
- What is your advice to the CEO of a multinational company that has recently decided to move to China? Your advice should be based on GSK’s experience and that of similar companies that have ventured into China.
- What laws should a multinational company refer to when operating internationally?
General instructions & Format
- Use UMUC’s library as much as possible for research in this assignment. Look for worldwide data, and not North American data; remember; this is a global business course!
- Only cite scholarly publications and reliable non-scholarly sources such as The Economist, Financial Times, WSJ, NYT, Bloomberg, Reuters, Money, Forbes, and Fortune. Reliable non-scholarly sources may yield articles which are more useful for practitioners. Websites like Wikipedia, answers.com, QuickMBA and NetMBA are unacceptable for graduate level work.
- Your analysis should be supported by a minimum of three scholarly (peer-reviewed) articles, and a minimum of three reliable non-scholarly sources. You should also use the required readings from this week to support your analysis where appropriate.
- Your analysis should be written in an academic paper format; not a question and answer format.
- Please include the following: A half page Introduction,and a half page Lessons Learned & Conclusion at the end of your report. Use section headings to organize your paper. An Executive Summary is not
- All questions are to be attempted. Do not restate the information from the case study; go beyond the included information; analyze and draw your own conclusions!
- Your report should be approximately 8 pages long, with one inch margins, 12-point font, double-spacing, and should be posted as a Word document. The cover page, references, and appendices, if any, are not part of the page count. All graphics and tables, if any, should be placed in an appendix.
- Use the APA format for in-text citations and the reference list.