Human Resource Management
Performance Appraisal Assignment
Performance Appraisal Assignment Instructions:
Analyze the following articles:
3 Ways Performance Reviews Are Getting Revamped — For the Better, by Stephanie Taylor
Christiansen, September 25, 2015, Forbes Magazine In-Text citation (Christiansen, 2015) Reference:
Christiansen, S.T. (2015). 3 Ways Performance Reviews Are Getting Revamped – For the Better. Retrieved from http://www.forbes.com/sites/learnvest/2015/09/25/3-ways-performance-reviewsare-getting-revamped-for-the-better/#2135d41a69ecand
Performance Management and Appraisals –a complete overview of the types of Performance Appraisals https://www.sagepub.com/sites/default/files/upm-binaries/45674_8.pdf
Answer the six (6) questions below separately (include the question with each response). The paper needs in-depth research and analysis to show understanding and knowledge of the points raised by the articles regarding the Performance Appraisal process.
Note: the Christiansen (2015) and Performance Management and Appraisals (n.d.) articles, along with two to three outside academic sources, are required as references for the following questions:
1. Why was the performance appraisal process established? What was its purpose?
2. What are the problems with the ANNUAL PERFORMANCE REVIEW and how can they be fixed?
3. Describe in detail three (3) of the methods used for Performance Appraisals, such as, but not limited to, 360 Review Feedback, Management by Objectives (MBO), and Graphic Rating Scale.
4. Link the Performance Review to Compensation. What is the connection between the Performance Appraisal and Compensation?
5. Find at least three companies from the Christiansen (2015) article and another source who use Compensation PERKS that drive performance. More extensive research may be needed. Use academic search skills. A minimum of three companies and the compensation perks they provide their employees.
6. Based on research in Question two (2), how often should the Performance Appraisal be presented to the employee; annually, bi-annually, monthly or more often and why?
Based on research in Question three (3), what is the best type of Performance Appraisal Method and why? Personal analysis and observations.
• Additional research is needed. Find an academic article (from the readings and resources, or valid business source such as Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg News, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, SHRM, Harvard Business Review, etc.).
• Microsoft Word Document with APA formatting and 12 pt. fonts double spaced.
• Each question requires a minimum of three paragraphs of information cited per APA format.
• APA format requires a cover sheet, introduction, contents, and at the end of the paper a list of the references.
Cite all sources and incorporate them in the Reference page at the end of the paper. (APA format guidelines under College Success Resources)
Each question should be answered separately with a minimum of three paragraphs of sufficient data.
Important: The purpose of this assignment is to measure the student’s understanding of the lessons learned via class lectures, supporting documentations within the Units and outside research. Cuttings and pasting from a resource is not allowed. You need to research a topic for full understanding and then present the information in your words. All paraphrased (reworded) information needs to be cited in accord with APA guidelines. Safe Assign is used to prevent plagiarism. The APA format gives students’ the tool to correctly identify sources.
Please see the following page for the grading rubric.
Students: Be sure to read the criteria, by which your grade will be evaluated, before you write, and again after you write.
Evaluation Rubric for PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL Assignment