Review Case “The rise and fall of Eastman Kodak: Will it survive beyond 2012?” located in the textbook. Assume that you have been hired by Kodak as a business consultant to recommend a new corporate-level strategy for the company to improve declining sales, increase profitability, and expand the company to the Cloud service industry.
Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
1. Establish five (5) key objectives for Eastman Kodak that encompasses the operational, financial, human resource aspects of the business. Next, argue that each of the established objectives is essential to the success of the company within the Cloud service industry.
2. Analyze Kodak’s horizontal and vertical integration strategy and determine the corporate level strategy that is more appropriate for the company to establish a competitive advantage in the Cloud service industry. Provide a rationale for the determination.
3. Determine five (5) ways in which pursuing a multi-business model based on diversification may increase profitability for the company. Provide at least two (2) examples of such use of a multi-business model from industry to support the rationale.
4. Recommend one (1) implementation strategy for Eastman Kodak that considers organizational design, strategic control systems, structure, and the type of organizational culture fitting for the organization and its new industry. Justify the recommendation.
5. Speculate on the way in which both the corporate-level strategy and the implementation strategy you recommended in Question 2 and Question 4 would support ethical business behaviors. Analyze the significant manner in which ethics, corporate social responsibility, and environmental sustainability impact the implementation of the strategies that you have recommended.
6. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Recommend effective business strategies based on an analysis of domestic and global operating environments, market dynamics, and internal capabilities.